Monday, September 18, 2006

Sunday 17th Semptember 2006

Hi,

Hope you are all well. Sunday was a stay in day mostly. Here goes my day. I share a little bit from the books I read to help me remember what I have read.

Well before getting out of bed, I read 40 pages of Rage by Wilbur Smith. Set in 1952 in Africa. The main characters being Shasa, Tara and Centaine Courtney, Manfred de la Ray, Nelson Mandela, Jannie Smuts and Moses Gamma head of the ANC. So far Moses has shared pleasure with Tara, Shasa's wife. Who makes excuses to go see Moses. Moses is pursuading the youth of the ANC to more military action which is against the ANC's youth leader Mandela's wishes. Shasa is aiming for greater political power.

I then had a mug of tea and bit of shortbread after cleaning my teeth. I read a couple of photography articles and an article on the Linux desktop. Then I had a shower and put my contact lenses in. Have to clean my eye lids in warm boiled water with baby shampoo as I have dry eye. Hence the mug of tea rofl.

I then updated my blog on the Linux PC and updated it. Took ages to update. Then eventually I swapped back to the Windows PC after checking a spare one for someone only to find it has Linux on there.

In the morning after getting dressed i then went to the tip to take cardboard and plastic bottles and then to Waitrose for some bread, doughnuts(best jam ones there), and meat. I also got my contact lens soaking solution from the pharmacy.

Read over the afternoon/evening I read and finished and Images in England book on Bridgnorth. Quiet interesting, not much text except a short introduction on each chapter and some text under the photographs. I also finished the amatuer photography magazine i was reading in the living room. The classics to use article was on Contax cameras after the second world war. Read a few articles from photographers giving tips on certain techniques including autumn colours. There was a letter from a Steve Holdcroft in Cumbria but he isnt a relative. My brother of the same name lives in Dudley.

I also put the dishwasher on to keep on top of the saucepans.

For tea I had shoulder of lamb, mash with mustard in it and carrots and gravy. I fed the cats and cleaned up the cat biscuits outside the back door while i was cooking the lamb for my tea.

The Danery inn my work colleague has mentioned is at Quatford so if i find this village I can find this pub that does good food apparently.

Telly, I watched the Best of Top Gear on BBC2. Midsomer Murders on ITV1 and the top 30 telly bitches on channel 5.

And a website for you. http://www.the39dollarexperiment.com - you'll have to see this to se what the american who owns this site did. Talk about blagging.

Anyways, take a look and let me know what you think.

Have fun and take care.

Regards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home