Sunday, September 17, 2006

Saturday 16th September 2006

He people.

Hope you are all well. My Satruday went like this. Sadly still no female member of the opposite sex to spend my life with.

Still, I have been up now since 9:20am. I have sent a couple of text messages, got dressed and put me contact lenses in, had a wash, read my email, found nothing interesting there and had a mug of tea. I also filled in my blog. :)

I have then put some artificial tears in my eyes and drove to Essington Fruit Farm for some bits and pieces. I bought some shortbread, a fruit cake, a pork pie(with the jelly :) means going early on a Saturday morning to get this) some vine tomatoes, potatoes and some sausages, lettuce, bacon and red tomatoes etc. Then I drove home and put the shopping away.

I then cooked my breakfast which was the middle bacon and red onion fried in olive oil, sandwiched between two slices of fresh bread with brown sauce..... yummy!!! :)

I got to 1pm and had managed to read 50pages of the Da Vinci Code. The two main characters, Neveu and Langdon and their mate Teabing and his servant, have flown off to England together with the crooked albino monk who is trussed up. Followed by the French police. In a London church Teabing is kidnapped by the monk and one other. To tell you who this would spoil the book giving a clue to the ending. Finished reading the book. The ending seems a bit long winded. I won't say anymore now as it would really tell you the ending. The book is interesting and makes you think. Those of a nervous christian disposition should remember it is only a story - fiction.

For tea, I had shepperd's pie and peas. The shepperds pit I bought on a previous visit to the fruit farm. From frozen its about an hour and a quarter to cook. I also put the strawberries i bought today, in a dish with a liqueur called Broudar which is only available in Scotland. Its made from whiskey, honey and sloe berries. :)

I have watched on telly, the sports result, How to Solve a Problem like Maria, Bit of CSI, Parkinson on ITV - is it me or is he coming across drunk? He might have alzheimers.... leave you to ponder that one.

I then went to bed.

Before the website an anecdote taken from the RSPB email newsletter iget: A woman was shopping in her local supermarket recently. She saw a blackbird busily taking cherries from the open box on display and taking them under the potato counter to eat in peace. She watched hime make several trips. Seems if they took their slogan 'try something new today' literally. :)

A website for you to look at is: http://www.paramo.co.uk - a site for basically outdoor clothing. Take a look and let me hear your views.

Thank you and have a good day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home