Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sunday 31st December 2006

Hello there readers,

Happy New Year. Hope you are all well. I am ok. A bit down cause I am stuck in...and I don't like New Year's Eve. Still 2007 might be an improvement on 2006. Let's hope so.

This my last post of 2006. Plenty to come though in 2007.

Rant: They hanged Saddam Hussein....in a way its good riddance. But, it wont stop the civil war in Iraq. They should put Bush and Blair on trial for the murder of all the people killed in all the bombings of late. The Sunday Times predicts the company I work for will be sold off by it's parent company. Better not had. The city should not influence chief executives...they should be able to make up their own minds. I think we are a while off recession but you never now what might happen just around the corner. Don't mention the Ashes.

Friday: Well went to work today after having a shave. Was there all morning. Got a present of my work colleague. I feel guilty cause I didnt get them anything this year, although next year I will try if I am still in the same job. After that I came home, didn't do too much in the afternoon apart from watch a couple of episodes of House on DVD and hoping my new telly would turn up. It didn't. :( Spent most of the afternoon in my bedroom watching the portable and reading.

Saturday was more of what I was doing Friday afternoon. Reading and watching a couple of episodes of House on DVD. i then went to the chippy for tea and out to 3 pubs, The Bentlands, The Newhampton and the Bradmore Arms where had I not eaten earlier I would have had the 20oz steak. I had some pasta instead while my cousin and brother had something else. Eventually got back home after having a quick look at my cousin's computer which had got Win 98 on it and told him not to bother connecting to the internet due to the lack of disk space. Came home. Read for about 20mins and went to bed.

Today: Got up at 6am and fixed the outside toilet, well knocked the ballcock back into place so it wouldnt keep pouring water out the overflow pipe. I went back to bed and got up a bit later. Had a shower, walked to ASDA and then read Rage by Wilbur Smith and finished the last 80pages. I won't say anything so you can read it and find out the ending for yourself. Did my early morning reading then and then went round my mum's for lunch. Turkey, mash, sprouts, roast spuds....yummy, couldn't finish it this time. Still had a game of bowling with my youngest brother and lost. Came home then, and watched an episode or two of House on DVD and then did a bit of studying. I don't like New Years Eve, never have done - find it expensive and immensely boring when I have gone out.

Two websites for you today now are http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0509/feature2/index.html about Nairobi and www.funtrivia.com - a fun site I hope. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thank you for reading today and hope you have a good 2007. Post soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home