Monday, May 07, 2007

Life and today

Hi Folks,

Use the RSS feed to find out when I have updated this :)

Life has been quiet. No girlfriend still :( and noone seems to be interested in me in my own country!!!

Today I have been to Edingburgh by train. I got up at 5am, got washed and dressed then walked to the railway station. On the train to Birmingham I started reading my uni essay. I then changed trains for one to York and read the rest of the essay checking it for errors. I then got a GNER service(1st class for £15 upgrade on weekends and bank holidays) to Edinburgh. Got there on time. I had four cups of tea and a bottle of water :) plus a toastie(this i had to pay for). On this train I started to read my John Grisham book The Innocent Man. This truly is the most shocking and emotional story I have read in a long time. It is a true story!!! This is a book everyone should read especially Americans....this is precisely the reason why the death penalty should be abolished. Prosecutors seeking convictions on phoney evidence so that they get reelected. This re-election thing must stop because it takes away the reasoning to fix results.
Anyways it is a must read book for everyone!!!

Anyways, I got to Edinburgh and walked out of the station and up towards the Royal Mile. I then walked down the Royal Mile to Holyrood Palace. Took the tour had lunch in the cafe their, went into the gift shop and then walked up Arthur's Seat. In trainers and jeans this was hard work. Although I have to say my lungs have never sounded so clear. Got to the top and it suddenly decided to blow a breeze. I took some photos with my film camera as I felt like a change. Its lighter as well. Then I walked back down, up the Royal Mile stopping at Starbucks for a Banana Chocolate Chip Frappucino and then walking down to the long shopping bit!!!

It rained. Twice. The second time i managed to go into a couple of shops and got some biccies and a book or two. One is the sister-in-law's birthday present. The day after my birthday a week tomorrow.

Then I decided to go back to the station and see what trains were available. An hour earlier than planned. Anyways I ended up on the 1605 train from Edinburgh to Gloucester(change at Birmingham). It was a civilised ride in first class. However it had problems before it departed so was delayed there and then was delayed at Berwick because a train in front had broken down. Just before York there was an announcement that all passengers for Leeds and Wakefield should change at York as there was a problem near Leeds. So these passengers got off the train at York. Just as we left York station we were informed that the train would be calling at Leeds and Wakefield after all. Talk about being ridiculous. Anyways the journey carried on, by this point I had finished the above book and started on the one I had bought.

Got to Birmingham 20 mins late....errr that includes the time it stopped there and got a train to Wolverhampton 20mins later. Didnt quite fancy the stopping service.

Got back brother gave me a lift home and here I am entering a day in my blog. Edinburgh is definitely worth a visit. Shame it rained. Still I got back!!!

I will post some photos once I have sent the film off to be processed and had it back.

Hope you are all well.

And a link is to the innocence project mentioned in John Grisham's book. Take a look and let me know what you think.

I will post again soon.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home